July 2010 trip to New York
- traveling of any kind is absolutely exhausting
- too much Dunkin' Donuts is not a good substitute for little to no sleep
- train rides are much more bearable with frozen yogurt
- no other city compares to New York - people, shopping, food - the magnitude is mind blowing
- one can better appreciate art when mentally exhausted
- even Bud Light can taste amazing after hours of walking
- the New York public library is way better than the Boston one
- Central Park has enough green to make Vermont seem grey
- pasta is not pasta unless it is purchased in Little Italy
I didn't make any special trips to any special restaurants, I didn't buy a single thing (other than food and booze), and I didn't have any exciting celebrity sightings....but this trip was filled with wonderful people, fabulous meals, amazing sights, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
have you ever stumbled upon a movie set? paid too much for a delicious drink? had a velvet rope pulled aside for you at a club? what's your favorite New York memory?