I'm not quite sure when it started, but stress has definitely come back into my life in a way that only CMU can enforce. I've started skipping classes so that I can do work for other classes.
I haven't hung out with my roommates for 3 weeks. and when I say hung out, I mean spoken with them for more than 3 minutes a day.
my nails went unpainted for 2 whole days. this hasn't happened in years. my pale little fingers felt so, so naked.
I had no food. I was eating oatmeal and frozen broccoli.
I wear what's already on my bedroom floor. I have a shopping addiction and a very full closet, so there is no need for this kind of behavior.
I get a pounding headache if I don't have caffeine every 2 hours.
I do readings for class on my walk to campus. I almost fall flat on my face several times a day.
so, needless to say, I needed to take a break. mostly so that I didn't go completely insane.
On Wednesday, I...
- smashed a boiling mug of hot tea all over my bedroom floor. I left it there to deal with later.
- slipped on the last few of our wet front steps. some guy watched the whole thing. I would've appreciated it if he'd asked if I was OK.
- was late for work.
- didn't listen to my American culture lecture since I was preparing for my presentation in the next class.
- didn't bring enough food for lunch.
- skipped my last class of the day. watched The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, gave myself a manicure, and eat peanut butter out of the jar.
- restocked depleted grocery stores.
- got caught up on Gossip Girl.
- ate my first acorn squash of the season.
- got my ass kicked in an awesome vinyasa flow class. my arms feel sore in the best possible way today.
- was in bed before midnight.
I didn't do any homework. My room is still kind of a mess. But, damn it, I needed a break. And I am now having the most relaxing morning (I may have skipped that class that I didn't do the reading for...).
How devoted are you to your own mental health?
Are you willing to take a break so that you don't go insane,
even if it means missing out on an awesome
discussion about pollution in the Yellow River?
oh, and I took out my colored pencils and drew this little gem.