yesterday, I got some good news: I get to study abroad in Copenhagen this fall!
images via Tumblr source
I only have one more semester in my undergraduate career, and since I'm 100% done with my requirements for my major, I get to just go fulfill my electives abroad. the program that I've chosen is awesome and we get to go on study trips that are included in tuition, including a full two week tour of France.
words can't even describe how excited I am.
Copenhagen is the perfect city for me, too. here are a few nice little facts from the city's Wiki page:
- Copenhagen has repeatedly been recognized as one of the cities with the best quality of life
- It is considered one of the world's most environmentally friendly cities
- 36% of all citizens commute to work by bicycle
- It has temperatures about 5 degrees higher than average for its latitude
- Copenhagen and the surrounding areas have 3 beaches with a total of approx. 8 km of sandy beaches
- Since the late 1990s, Copenhagen has undergone a transformation from a cozy Scandinavian capital to a cool metropolitan city of international scope in the league of cities like Barcelona and Amsterdam
- Copenhagen has a wide array of amazing museums
- Copenhagen has the two oldest amusement parks in the World
this is just the beginning. expect lots of random Danish information in the future!