today marks the beginning of my last EVER week of finals in college (I've decided that studying abroad isn't going to count). while I only have one exam that I must take (and it's for a class I've opted to take P/F #winning), I have 2 take-home essays and a whole lot of reading that I need to do. this is when I start paying for all of that time spent reading blogs and watching Real Housewives marathons when I should have been analyzing contemporary political philosophy. oh well. while I may not have the best study habits during the semester, I have a few necessities to get you through the worst week of the entire school year.
1. diet Coke - I am a self-diagnosed caffeine addict, and this problem only gets worse when finals roll around. sleep is often considered to be only for the weak. in the morning I'll brew myself a cup (or 3) of coffee, but in the afternoon and evening, I opt for a cold can of soda. lucky for me, a case of diet Coke is only $3.33 at CVS this week. I think they knew I was coming.
2. Sephora's OPI nail polish in High Maintenance - showering is just as low on my priority list as sleeping during exams, but I've found that painting my nails is right up there with dry shampoo for making me feel cleaner than I actually am. the 15 minutes that it actually takes to paint my nails is the perfect amount of time to take a break from my books and clear my head.
3. Goody spin pins - I've had my eye on these for a while, and I caved and bought a set of the smaller ones since my hair is still a little on the short side. I have always thought that I do my best thinking with my hair in a bun, and these little guys make my up-dos super simple and fast to do.
4. TEUXDEUX app - I bought this after reading about it on some review sites, and while the app isn't free, I think it's one of the better to-do list apps out there. I love to make to-do lists, but I often find that I lose the little slips of paper that I write everything down on. this app syncs between your computer and your phone, so you always have a nice list of necessary activities. it also moves the tasks that you haven't had a chance to do to the next day, so you can't forget about the things you keep putting off.
5. thinkThin bar in white chocolate chip - it is a well-known fact that you can't study if your tummy is growling, and it definitely won't after one of these bars. with 20 grams of protein, this is the best flavor that I've tried. they aren't cheap ($1.69 at Trader Joe's), but stashing one of these in my bag is a better option than whatever the vending machine has to offer.
what are your studying necessities?
best of luck to all of the students out there!