there are so many reasons to love this movie:
- fabulous 1920s costumes
- intellectual characters - Hemingway! Dali! the Fitzgeralds!
- Woody Allen choosing to be charming and witty rather than whiny
- Carla Bruni, Marion Cotillard, and many other lovely French women
- an air conditioned movie theater
- French that I could understand without the assistance of subtitles
- Paris in the rain
- antique markets
- the fact that I am going to Paris in the fall
- literary, art, and music references that you must be relatively knowledgeable to understand
- a reason to be annoyed with Rachel McAdams
I love Woody Allen films, and this is one of his most magical. go see it!
all images via Tumblr