I sip on wine all winter long, but when summer rolls around, I can get behind pretty & fizzy cocktails. there are a few things more refreshing than a gin & tonic with a healthy amount of lime, or prettier than a French 75 served in a champagne glass.
this is why, a few weeks ago, I decided to turn my little Ikea laptop table into a simple & convenient bar cart, perfect for hosting summer soirées. here's what you'll need to make your own:
- a small table or cart (you can find my $25 Ikea table here)
- a selection of liquor and liqueurs - the prettier, the better
- a simple vase to fill with flowers, either real or fake
- a bowl to hold fresh limes and lemons
- a cocktail mixer, shot glass, bottle opener, etc. to bring those Pinterest dreams to life
my bar cart is stocked with mostly random finds and gifts, but here are a selection of items that I would be very happy having in my kitchen, all under $20: